About NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania
In July 2016, the National Alliance on Mental Illness selected NAMI Southwestern Pennsylvania to become the official state NAMI organization in Pennsylvania. NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania was chosen as the name for the new state organization.
The designation gives Pennsylvania a unified voice in advancing NAMI’s mission of raising awareness about mental health and providing recovery-focused support, education, and advocacy for people living with mental illness and their loved ones.
NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania is a 501(c)(3) grassroots nonprofit organization certified by the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO). It is home to several programs in the Southwest region, including the Consumer Action Response Team (CART) of Allegheny County, the Consumer and Family Satisfaction Team of Armstrong and Indiana Counties, and the Adult Advocacy Program in Allegheny County.
Charma D. Dudley, PhD, FPPR, President
Kathy Testoni, Vice President
Mim Schwartz, Secretary
Michelle Hottenstein, CPA, Treasurer
Jack Cahalane, PhD
Michelle Gerwick, MBA
Kimberly K. Mathos, DO, MPH
Christine Michaels, Chief Executive Officer
Debbie Ference, Chief Operating Officer
Susan Caban, Director of Education
Maria Kakay, Director of Communications and Marketing
Sara Levine Steinberg, Event and Technology Coordinator
Mike McCarthy, Adult Advocate
Nicole Campbell, Peer Engagement and Education Specialist
Joel Richard, Data and Communications Specialist
Nikki Dawson, Special Projects Assistant
CART (Consumer Action and Response Team of Allegheny County)
- Paul Freund, MEd, Consumer/Family Satisfaction Services Director
- Alan J. Corn, MA, CART Program Director
- Jeff Fitzwilliam, CHIPP/CSP Interviewer
- Carmelita Kramer, CART Interviewer
- Marilyn Micknowski, Administrative Assistant
- Lee Moses, CART Interviewer
- Phyllis Nettles, Family Engagement Specialist
- Paula M. Pinon, Technical Support Specialist
- Brian J. Rayne, CHIPP/CSP Interviewer
- Kathleen Stamm, CART Family Interviewer
- Evan Weiss, CART Interviewer
- Darrell Williams, CHIPP/CSP Supervisor
- Susan Wright, Recorder/Interviewer
- Bailey Zembower Borrow, CART Interviewer
- Jane Portman, CART Interviewer
Armstrong/Indiana Counties Consumer/Family Satisfaction Team
- Deborah Marshall, Consumer/Family Satisfaction Team Supervisor
- Joan Moore, Data Entry, Armstrong County Interviewer
- Agnes Hockenberry, Indiana Interviewer
- Kimberly Zimmerman, Armstrong Interviewer
In January 2014, NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania (then NAMI Southwestern Pennsylvania) was awarded the Seal of Excellence by the Pennsylvania Association for Nonprofit Organizations (PANO) for successfully completing the Standards for Excellence accreditation program. Out of 1.5 million nonprofits registered in the United States, approximately 200 have earned the Seal of Excellence. NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania is one of 45 accredited nonprofit organizations in Pennsylvania. Read More
Carla Braund, PharmD.
Jack Cahalane, Ph.D.
Ian Cummins, RN
Jim Ehrman, Esq.
Jon Lloyd, M.D.
Kimberly Mathos, M.D.
Cynthia Tonet-Stewart, M.Ed., M.S.Ed.