Share Your Story
The more we speak openly about mental illness, the more it encourages others to find the courage to tell their own stories. Sharing your personal experience helps to build greater understanding, reduce stigma, and let others know they are not alone.
- By submitting your entry you acknowledge that you are 18 years of age or older and that your submission may be used in NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania promotional material.
- NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania reserves the right to make edits to each submission which may include adding or deleting information to ensure the post is in line with the following criteria:
- Stories should be limited to 800 words.
- Submissions should avoid inappropriate or offensive language, information about specific medications, treatments, or providers, or explicit content.
- Submissions should not include personal identifying information for yourself or others such as phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, etc.
- Specific details about suicide, murder, sexual assault, or other disturbing material including methodology and execution should be avoided. When discussing sensitive topics, it is advised to do so in a way that is safe both for your own and for your readers’ wellness.
- Each submission is reviewed by NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania. NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania reserves the right to not use your submission.
- Your name will be associated with the submission in any and all uses through our organization. This includes use on www.namikeystonepa.org, use across NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania social media accounts, and any other promotional material. You may choose to use your first name only.
- NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania collects your email address only for contact purposes regarding your submission. We will not share your email outside of out organization, we will not contact you for any other reason without express consent from you.
- Submitting an image to accompany your story or a photo of yourself is optional. NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania reserves the right not to post the image provided or to provide an image of its own. Image orientation should be landscape.
If submitting a video, please read the additional guidelines.
- Keep video submissions to 5 minutes in length.
- Submit your YouTube or Vimeo link in an MP4 format.
- Include a 3-5 sentence description of your video.
- Do not include any music or images that are subject to copyright.